The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam filtering integration

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by webdr, Jan 2, 2008.

1. webdr

webdr Member

A client uses a service called eDoxs to filter spam from their email prior to delivery to the server. Simply stated, the MX records for the domain point to the eDoxs servers which filter and forward the email to the server where the domain is hosted.

The primary weakness in the system is that each of the filtered domains must accept mail so spam sent directly to the server is processed without filtering.

I am not particularly skilled at Exim. However, I would assume there would be a way to configure Exim to accept mail to specified domains from only certain IP's. Not all domains hosted on the server use the eDoxs server. I would imagine that the logic would be along the lines of:

if domain name = domain1 OR domain2 OR domain3 {
    then accept mail from IP's: (list of IP's here) else reject mail
    }
    else continue

Can anyone provide an example or site where I can find the proper syntax of such a filter?

Also, I would assume that I have to be careful that updates to Exim will not overwrite this custom configuration.

TIA!

Update:

I found the solution in this thread:
    http://www.exim.org/lurker/message/20070823.140437.77f187e6.en.html

#1 webdr, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2008