The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam filters - body contains

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by LarryAhmeen, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. LarryAhmeen

LarryAhmeen Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I receive about 40 spam emails a day, I don't like it but thankfully most of them are captured by spamassassin. Still, I'd rather I didn't ever see them at all.

Interestingly, all of the spam emails have the same sign off, they all end with:

"This offer is brought to you by Capital Movements If you would no longer like to receive emails from pacificname.stream To be removed from our list simply Unsubscribe. or write to us at: Capital movements , P.O box 340254, columbus,oh,43234"
    So, it should be easy to just delete them based on this recurring piece of text.

I set up a global filter in cPanel and prioritised it above spamassassin. The rule is: IF BODY CONTAINS This offer is brought to you by Capital Movements - then discard message. When I test it, it works.

However, it doesn't work on the spam emails themselves. They still go into my spam folder, but they slip past the first rule.

How is the filter being bypassed? I've looked at the email raw source and the text is right there in the body of the message, so it should be caught.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can block these emails entirely?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Have you considered using the "Spam Auto-Delete" feature instead? The Spam Auto-Delete feature automatically deletes messages that meet or exceed the spam score limit. It's documented at:

Apache SpamAssassin - Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.