The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Going to Local Users

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ramorse, Feb 10, 2015.

1. ramorse

ramorse Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am consistently seeing spam flooding the servers directed at local users. I block the IP and blacklist the *@domain.com address in MSFE. But the spammer simply changes IP and email, though the current one always has goliathsometing.com in the domain.

With each wave MailScanner has to use a lot of resources and mail can get backed up in the Queue for a while.

Anyone have an idea of how to control this better?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have any additional settings enabled to help prevent SPAM beyond SpamAssassin itself? There are several options available in "WHM Home » Service Configuration » Exim Configuration Manager" that you might find beneficial. Note that MailScanner is a third-party application, so it's outside the scope of support to troubleshoot the resource issue itself with that application.

Thank you.

3. ramorse

ramorse Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I understand about the MailScanner resource issue. I wasn't asking for help there. Just mentioning why this type of spam is a problem.

I do have other things turned on to fight spam in Exim Configuration. Including using a couple RBLs. Do you have something in particular that might address this issue? I haven't seen anything.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator