The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Plugins for cPanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sozotech, Aug 6, 2014.

1. sozotech

sozotech Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've had quite a few users complaining of a large increase in spam recently on my cPanel servers.

My current setup has 3 popular RBL's turned on and a number of droplists in our firewall as well. About half of my users are just using SpamAssassin(SA) built into cPanel and the other half using MailScanner(MS) from ConfigServer.

I've been looking at ASSP Deluxe. Anyone currently using ASSP, how would you rate it vs SA and MS?

Are there any other good cPanel plugins or anything else I could look at using to help stop the flow of Spam?

Thanks,
    Eric

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can search for ASSP on our forums to see threads where it's discussed by other users. You may also want to go through the options available in "WHM Home » Service Configuration » Exim Configuration Manager". Several of them are designed to help prevent incoming SPAM.

Thank you.

3. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

My service reaction to ASSP is that the developers don't know how to build a site, nor explain the product in normal English. While I'm always looking for better solutions (I currently have Mailscanner), I'm not about to try something new unless a compelling case can be made for it.

Peace,
    Gene