The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Protection, Post-cPanel 11

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tbutler, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tbutler

tbutler Member

Hi everyone,
    I previously had followed RVSkin's spam protection method, along with some older tips that I believe that one drew from with relatively good success. I reinstalled SARE rules as part of the upgrade process (to avoid the errors others reported). I seem to have noticed Vipul's Razor is no longer setup...

At any rate, a few questions:

1.) I had SpamAssassin operating globally before rejecting e-mail. Now that it is on a per-user basis, is there an easy way I can turn it on by default on all accounts. I don't mind leaving the option for my users to disable the system, but I'd like to switch all the accounts to "on" for now, so that if they do nothing, things will continue to be as they were.

2.) Should I try running through RVSkin's suggestions and reenabling them? I don't want to mess up anything that changed in cPanel 11, but I've noticed a significant increase in spam since I did the upgrade yesterday. Perhaps I should switch to something else? If so, is the switch complicated by the fact that I've previously used the RVSkin solution?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Tim

2. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Please reset EXIM configuration to cPanel11 default EXIM and order new installation at https://member.rvskin.com/index.php?page=product/extra. I don't get any much on this work. I just don't have time yet to rewrite the whole article. I will try to update it by the end of September.

There is an option on WHM/EXIM Advanced Editor. But it seems broken when work with Bayes and AWL. We tested it a month ago, though.

Although my tutorial is working on cPanel11 but it is not recommended. If you use it, you need to use old SA transport which is not efficient.

3. Solokron

Solokron Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I would love to see an updated HowTo for cPanel 11!

Anyone else?