Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SPam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by e.emile, Oct 26, 2007.

  1. e.emile

    e.emile Registered

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    51
    SPAM is a big problem for all domain names on my servers, all these domains receives tone of spam every day, what should I do to reduce this ammount?
     
  2. cPanelDavidG

    cPanelDavidG Technical Product Specialist

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2006
    Messages:
    11,216
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    313
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Search around these forums, there are many good suggestions that have been posted in recent weeks :)
     
  3. rpmws

    rpmws Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 14, 2001
    Messages:
    1,824
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    318
    Location:
    back woods of NC, USA
    if you users are checking mail on the defautl box ..tell them to make a separate box with a real name like mail@domain.com , login that way. Make separate forwarders for any aliases you need and point those to that box.

    set the default box to :fail:

    If the spams are headed directly to specific email boxes then your only colution is one or all of the following.

    Personally I use the RBL's built-in to exim config manager. They will block on average 80% of all incoming emails on a average server of 100 domains. the other 20% that get through you can use spamassassin (built-in) and then thye rest could be filtering on the user level.

    I would have to say that rbls do wonders and setting default boxes to :fail: so they won't accept anything@allyourdomain

    good luck.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. anton_latvia

    anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

    Joined:
    May 11, 2004
    Messages:
    358
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    168
    Location:
    Latvia
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would suggest upgrading to version 11, enabling global SpamAssassin and setting server not to accept emails with spam ratio more than 10-12.5.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Loading...

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice