The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by alliantdigital, Mar 2, 2009.

1. alliantdigital

alliantdigital Registered

Mar 2, 2009

I hope you can help. I have been doing some tests with SpamAssain, and the 'Account Level Filtering Function' within cPanel to try and get the optimum settings for Automatic Spam Deletion.

I initially, set all 'marked' Spam to forward to a captcher address. After looking at this over a period of two weeks, I found that all messages scoring over 10 we're genuine SPAM. There we're a number of messages marked below 10, and all of these were false positives, except a few genuine SPAM emails.

I have tried to create a set-up using the account level filtering. What I am trying to achieve is when an email arrives (the server is set to reject all incoming SPAM that is marked over 20) that is over ten (and has been classified as SPAM), I want it to be deleted automatically.

If the email has been marked as SPAM and has been ranked below a score of 10, I am wanting it to forward it to my email box, so I can root out all of the false positives.

I have set up 'Account Level Filtering' rules as follows:

Rule 1:

- <Spam Status> <Begins With> <Yes>

- <Spam Score> <Is Above> <10.1>

Actions - Discard
    Rule 2:

- <Spam Status> <Begins With> <Yes>

- <Spam Score> <Is Below> <10>

Actions - Forward to Email

For some reason, this doesn't appear to be working, and it now seems that all email with the <Spam Status> <Yes> is being deleted, even if the score is under 10.

Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Craig ;)