SpamAssasin - how to block spamhaus listed IPs as cpanel user?

postcd

Oct 22, 2010
In some article i read that SpamAssasin can block mail based on source IP being in DNSBLs like spamhaus.org
As cPanel (v. 100.0.4) user (not admin) i do not see how to do this. I am bothered by SPAM from one company subnets currently and i see these listed also on stopforumspam.com
Can you please post instructions on how to block/delete only based on sender being on such a blocklist? Post even if only server admin can do such steps. Thank you

postcd

Oct 22, 2010
I have no root access and wondering how to do it so the RBL-only mail is deleted and NOT also mail that just fits some spam score.

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm not sure how you could do this without root access, but the RBL-blocking should work that way.

These settings allow you to configure your mail server to check incoming mail against the available Real-time Blackhole Lists (RBLs). Your server blocks the incoming messages if the IP address or hostname matches an RBL entry.
As you can see, if the IP matches the RBL, the mail will be completely blocked, rather than relying on spam scores.