The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spamassassin and boxtrapper conflict?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by angusmcleod, Oct 8, 2014.

1. angusmcleod

angusmcleod Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Due to increasing spam I started to educate boxtrapper with increasing blacklists but these did not appear to trap. I read here that there can be conflict with spamassassin and saw a recommendation to switch boxtrapper OFF and rely on spamassassin. I have done that and have been reducing the spamassassin score which is now 0.9 !! I am still getting about 60 emails a day that spamassassin misses.

[I should write that I am also using spanel filters to cut out all email from .eu and header subjects that start with words like 'do' 'find' 'get' etc... This has been very successful.]

I am still getting too much spam to handle. Can spamassassin and boxtrapper co-exist and if so, am I missing key settings for that success? Thank you. Angus :cool:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

They can coexist, but I suggest reporting the SPAM issue to your web hosting provider. There are likely more effective options that your hosting provider could enable that would help reduce the amount of SPAM coming into your account.

Thank you.