The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamAssassin as {domain} detected message as spam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jonwatson, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jonwatson

jonwatson Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Can someone enlighten me on what this message means?

About a week ago we started losing some mail. Most of it can be traced back to callout verify issues, but there are some missing that are tagged with this message in exim_mainlog.

At face value this doesn't seem very confusing, but the domain in question where this email is destined does not even have SA enabled.

I suspect this is an ACL issue since the code for this header contains a reference to ACLs and we do have the 'reject mail at smtp time if score is over 20' enabled. However, since SA isn't even enabled for this domain, why would it even kick in score it?

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

This is indeed the SpamAssassin ACL at work. My understanding is that this will only be possible if you have 1) enabled SpamAssassin system wide, or 2) enabled SpamAssassin for the particular domain. But you say that is not the case? :confused:

BTW: A spam score greater than 20 is pretty damning. If I was the sender, I would be very concerned if this is what SpamAssassin thinks of my email :eek:

3. jonwatson

jonwatson Well-Known Member

Hi,

It is enabled system-wide, but turned off for that particular domain in that domain's cPanel.

Good to know it is an ACL, but yeah - I've never seen an email higher than a 4 that wasn't spam. A score of 20 is totally insane and I'm not sure what to make of it.

At the moment, I've turned off that ACL to see what happens.

Thanks for the info.