Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SpamAssassin + DCC - DCC is not logging

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtindor, Aug 23, 2009.

1. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is not a "Cpanel" problem. But I'll post here in hopes that somebody else has experienced this problem and can give me a recommendation.

1. I downloaded the DCC distro from rhyolite.com. I compiled/installed it. It's using the typical directory structure ( /var/dcc/*).

2. I am using a bone stock dcc_conf file except for the following items that have been changed:

DCCM_LOG_AT=5
    DCCM_REJECT_AT=
    DCCIFD_ENABLE=on
    DCCIFD_LOG_AT="$DCCM_LOG_AT"
    DCCIFD_REJECT_AT="$DCCM_REJECT_AT"

3. I enabled DCC in /etc/mail/spamassassin/v310.pre

4. I then symlinked the rc script to start/stop it via services on CentOS.

5. The default log directory is used ( /var/dcc/log ).

6. The DCC Daemon is running:

root 27024 0.0 0.0 2528 284 ? Ss 16:06 0:00 /var/dcc/libexec/dccifd -tREP,20 -tCMN,5, -llog -wwhiteclnt -Uuserdirs -SHELO -Smail_host -SSender -SList-ID
    root 27025 0.0 0.0 20440 2300 ? Sl 16:06 0:00 /var/dcc/libexec/dccifd -tREP,20 -tCMN,5, -llog -wwhiteclnt -Uuserdirs -SHELO -Smail_host -SSender -SList-ID

7. Appropriate messages are getting tagged with the DCC_CHECK in spamassassin.

8. By default /var/dcc/log is chmod 710. Just for testing I chmod 777 the directory and do a /restartsrv_spamd . Still no logging.

I can't get any logging of DCC.

The only logging that ever happens is in /var/log/maillog and only shows when I start and stop the DCC service.

The DCC itself is working fine (based upon messages being scored when appropriate with DCC_CHECK, spamassassin -D -t < /home/jim/spam.txt scoring an appropriate spam with the DCC_CHECK, etc.

I'm at a loss for why DCC is refusing to log.

Any suggestions?

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...