The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamAssassin dies daily - Solutions, salutations or sadness?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pubwvj, Dec 8, 2004.

1. pubwvj

pubwvj Active Member

Virtually every day several messages come through our mail accounts without having been touched by SpamAssassin. No SA headers or score. Most days this is just a few messages, sometimes a dozen. There does not appear to be any relationship between the messages and they come in through different accounts on different domains.

Sometimes SA seems to die completely and then we get flooded with spam. It makes me appreciate SpamAssassin BUT, I am perfectly willing to genuflect before the God SA morning, noon and night without this reminder. When SA dies, I log a support ticket with our server host. They restart Spamd. SA starts tagging mail again.

This has been going on for months now. Please, pretty please, with whipped cream and a cherry on top, fix this. My server host says he has reported this to cpanel whom he blames for the problem. Any ideas

If you need more details let me know or contact my server host Nirosh at support@vonetwork.com if you prefer.

Mucho Moko Thanks,

-Walter
    wnjok@blacklightning.com

2. ApexWeb.us

ApexWeb.us Member

Yes, we second that post. SpamAssassin was rock solid, until 9/11/2004, sometime between 6:33am and 1:27pm (GMT-6) -- or perhaps earlier.