Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SpamAssassin errors in /var/log/maillog

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by bhd, Sep 10, 2007.

1. bhd

bhd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    On one server SpamAssassin is only working at the SMTP level but not working at all at the user level.

Since updating to 11.11.0-R16948 on a CentOS 4.5 server we keep getting these:

Code:
    Sep 11 04:36:22 G021 spamd[5746]: auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed: locker: safe_lock: cannot create tmp lockfile /.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.G021.XXX.net.5746 for /.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: No such file or directory

what is weird is this part /.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: - it looks like it's trying to create the file in / and not /root/.spamassassin

I've tried everything I can think of, even reinstalled SpamAssassin and Exim

spamassassin --lint -D shows no errors except for a few missing modules like Razor which I understand are not essential anyway.

Anyone know how to fix this? Any guidance would be appreciated.

#1 bhd, Sep 10, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

That is 'normal' behavior to see that for those particular paths.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...