The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spamassassin help

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by iLLuSi0nS, Nov 4, 2008.

1. iLLuSi0nS

iLLuSi0nS Active Member

I know this probably been talked about a million times, but I dont know which situation is right for me, so I am wondering if someone can help me out or point me in the right direction.

My spam is getting worse and worse, I know there are ways to make spamassassin smarter and catch more spam's, but have no idea how. I get the concept of rulessets, but how do I get new and better rules and where do I put them, and do these get updated automatically or do I have to keep downloading new ones?

How do you check to see what version of spamassassin you are running and how old your rulesets are?

Thank you very much

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Look under EXIM configuration link in WHM for your options.

3. iLLuSi0nS

iLLuSi0nS Active Member

I did, and I enabled "RBL: bl.spamcop.net [?] & RBL: zen.spamhaus.org [?]

I wanted to see if that would help, and all it did was block ALL of my messages. I and the worst part is, I didnt know it was happening until a day later, but whatever. I then unchecked RBL: bl.spamcop.net [?] and left only RBL: zen.spamhaus.org [?] enabled and tested it, and I get email now, I just hope this solves some of my spam problems.