The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamAssassin is bypassed

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sehh, Jul 29, 2011.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2006
    For some unknown reason, once or twice per month, spam will come through to all email addresses on our servers.

Those emails have NO SA headers!

This makes me believe that for some reason (eg SA is not working or not accepting connections), the emails are not rejected or delayed, but delivered to mail boxes.

So the question is:

How can I force exim to NOT deliver emails if SA is not working/responding?

The system that checks the health of processes did not report that SA is not working, so I am not sure why exim delivered the emails when they didn't go through SA or why SA seems alive but its not processing anything.
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Honestly, I'm not certain if that type of configuration is possible to hold emails in queue if SpamAssassin isn't able to process the emails. It would require exim to know the state of SpamAssassin for each email being checked.

As I've recommended previously whenever functionality that isn't easy to locate online nor to come up with for a simple filtering or ACL condition, I would suggest heading over to mailing list and posting this question there. They are the gurus at any option you might add to exim. If they aren't certain how to do it, you might then check into any SpamAssassin-based lists.