The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spamassassin is enabled but not doing anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlaron, Dec 6, 2003.

1. carlaron

carlaron Well-Known Member

I just moved a site from a reseller cpanel account I had to a new dedicated server with cpanel.

Spam Assassin is enabled, but now that hte site has moved, spam is not getting marked, either with a header or with a subject change.

I've tried disabling and re-enabling spamassassin, but it has no effect.

Anyone else ever have this? Is there somethign I need to turn on on the new dedicated server to make spamassassin work?

2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

WHM ...

edit setup
    service manager

ssh service exim restart to see it it cycles in the return. Also check all you mail headers for x-spam tags. If they are there then it's running. Last couple days I have seen many spams get past my score. These spammers are getting good :(

Hope this helps.

3. carlaron

carlaron Well-Known Member

we'll see if an exim restart fires up spamassassin. I hadn't thought to try that. I was looking for a way to restart spamassassin, but now that I think about it, it's probabaly activated by some setting in exim.

Yup, just tried restarting exim, and now the emails have spamassassin headers again..

Thanks!

#3 carlaron, Dec 6, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2003
  4. ttremain

ttremain Well-Known Member

Mine's not so easy...

I get the same kind of symptoms except mine won't go away with the stoping and starting of exim.

Also, it hasn't been consistant from domain to domain. One domain could get it's email scanned, while another couldn't... Even though both had the same settings in cPanel.

However the situation may have changed some. After a HD crash and rebuild, I don't know that it's doing anything now.

I get X-Antiabuse tags added, but no X-Spam tags in my mails anymore.

Another client, did say since the crash, that his is working since he uploaded his configuration again.

Thomas Tremain
    www.LiveHost.net
    www.GotoNames.com
    www.TrafficExaminer.com