The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamAssassin option is missing form a Cpanel

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by zillah, Feb 23, 2011.

1. zillah

zillah Registered

Hi Expert

I am hosting with webcity.com.au

I am using ThunderBird as an email client for my domain's email account (zillah@workzone.com.in,,,,,fake address)

Recently happened (means before there was no such a prefix) I sent an email from my domain's account (zillah@workzone.com.in,,,,,fake address) to zxs@yahoo.com ,,,,,and when zxs@yahoo.com replies me on the same email that I had sent to him , his email gets tagged with a prefix {spam}, although as I said earlier that would not have happened with him

But it would have happened with other recipients

I have Norton 360 installed on my desktop but that isn't compatible with TB

Since Thunderbird doesn't use the word "Spam" for anything and since AV is not compatible with TB , The problem is with my hosting provider, the reason I am saying that because when I login to my domain's webmail prefix spam is there as well

Please see the snap shot for my inbox for more clarification

http://i54.tinypic.com/332zeqg.jpg

I am thinking to access the Cpanel for my domain and adjust this option

Cpanel > MailScanner Configuration > Email Black/Whitelist settings

http://i53.tinypic.com/24ziwdi.png

With whitelist setting there is a limitation to 30 entries

When I checked custom header that gives me some clue as to what type of program (SpamAssassin) my hosting provider uses

Since there is a limitation entries for whitelist setting I am looking to use SpamAssassin option as in the tutorial below :

http://tutorials.ausweb.com.au/web/...ling-And-Configuring-Spam-Assassin-in-cPanel/

but it seems me I can not find that in my Cpanel as in the snap shot below

http://i54.tinypic.com/egpowk.png

Thanks

#1 zillah, Feb 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your host has disabled the ability to configure SpamAssassin in the feature list that applies to your account. The most likely reason for this is that the host is also using MailScanner, which is a combination anti-virus/anti-spam program.

MailScanner is beyond our (cPanel's) scope of support, but perhaps other users will have some suggestions for you. However, since it appears you are only a cPanel account user, without access to the WebHost Manager, any configuration changes will need to be made by your hosting provider.

3. zillah

zillah Registered

Thanks Jared

My confusion why I could see the word 'SpamAssassin' when I checked custom header for the email that I had received as in the below quote :

Regards

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can see it in the header because your host has SpamAssassin enabled. If you aren't seeing cPanel > SpamAssassin area, then that option was removed from the cPanel options available to reconfigure. You'll have to ask your host this question on how to disable the functionality if you do not wish to have the messages flagged with [SPAM] whenever they have SpamAssassin tagging them as such.

Thanks.

5. zillah

zillah Registered

Thanks for your help
    Appreciate that