The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamAssassin Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Jan 14, 2005.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When I add:

header LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_SUBJECT Subject =~ /test/i
    score LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_SUBJECT 10.0

To the ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs file, spamassassin does not appear to read it. Doing the above, should mark any message that has test in the subject and score the message +10 for spam. This does not seem to happen. If you create a test account, and then send a message with test in the subject to that account, the LOCAL_DEMONSTRATION_SUBJECT score will not be picked up. However, if you run spamassassin through the command line, it will:

Code:
    spamassassin < inbox > out

where inbox is the inbox file that contains the test subject mail. If you read the out file, it will show the +10. Are there problems with Exim and SpamAssassin? I have tried restarting spamd after making the changes to no avail. Am I missing something else? Does anyone else have this problem?

2. labdude

labdude Registered

I haven't run SA from the commandline, but I have had the same problem with userprefs rules being ignored at the server end. I made a post about that last week, but haven't had any replies yet.

Labdude

3. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I talked with the support with SpamAssassin and they said that access to user created header scores was disabled by default. They did not recommend enabling it. There is a request to add a Subject Whitelist/Blacklist in later versions of SpamAssassin.