The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spamassassin Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by timg, Oct 2, 2004.

1. timg

timg Member

After a lot of searching on this forum and google I haven't come up with any answers so I thought I'd finally post my problem. Spamassassin recently stopped working on my server (within the last week or so I would say). If I manually process an email from the command line in txt format it works (ie. spamassassin -t -D < email.txt) and marks it as spam. It doesn't even add anything to my email headers anymore which is what is really stumping me. Here is what I have done so far:

- upgraded the spamassassin rules in /usr/share/spamassassin to be compatible with v3.0
    - added
    required_score 6
    rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****

to my user_prefs file, local.cf file, and the cpanel file that has the numbers like this =0=
    (can't think of the name now).

- I have disabled/reenabled spamassassin in my site control panel, unchecked/rechecked in the tweak settings area of WHM, and restarted exim as well. All this stuff was done several times (everything but the uncheck/recheck in WHM)

After all this headers are still not being added to my email and I am officially stumped now :)

Any help in getting this back up and running would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. timg

timg Member

Thought I would add a couple things that may/may not help.

If I click on "Service Status" in WHM here is the Exim line:

exim (exim-4.42-80_cpanel_stmpcontrol_antivirus_rewrite_mailman2_maskedmailtrap_exiscan)

Should it say spamd in there somewhere? When I restart exim via the command line it does stop/start spamd.

3. timg

timg Member

4. ispro

ispro Well-Known Member

auto fix user_prefs?

...today we had to do the same...
    However our local.cf config is empty and the only problem users' blaim is the stop rewriting.
    Definitely, user_prefs in their folders is old.

However it is a nightmare to check them all, if there are some scripts to automate upgrade process?

5. timg

timg Member