The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamAssassin>Spam Box

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by D-Litz, Mar 6, 2009.

1. D-Litz

D-Litz Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    According to this statement under

Mail>SpamAssassin>Spam Box

I'm assuming a folder called "SPAM" will be created for each Webmail app listed under the Webmail section. We have Horde, Squirrelmail and Roundcube enabled for use client choice.

However, once this spam box is enabled, it fails to create the spam folder in any one of the three webmail scripts.

Currently Running
    cPanel 11.24.4-C34331 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    REDHAT Enterprise 5.3 i686 on standard

Any help would be appreciated.

David

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    David,

Do you have Spambox enabled in WHM / Tweak Settings. IIRC, there is in option in there enable/disable it globally.

Also - I think you may not see a spam folder until a piece of spam comes in.

Also - if you have autodelete spam turned on, I don't think anything will end up going into the spambox - and as such a Spam folder may not get created.

So check those three things.

Mike

3. alan-tor

alan-tor Active Member

Even if the spam folder is created, it doesn't automatically configure SquirrelMail or other webmail to see it. Each user needs to subscribe to that new folder from within their chosen webmail app. In SquirrelMail you'd click "Folders" and then use the "Unsubscribe/Subscribe" section.

4. D-Litz

D-Litz Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, everything is setup correctly...I even sent a few know spam emails to some various accounts and still no spam folder was created.

I went into Horde and I see no place to add another folder let alone subscribe/unsubscribe to it.

I went into Squirrelmail and I did find the subscribe/unsubscribe section, however no spam folder is available to subscribe to.

I don't see a way to do that with Round Cube also.

I'm guessing this works for some and not others.

5. alan-tor

alan-tor Active Member

You won't be able to subscribe to a new folder unless it exists. You said that the spam folder was not created, so that's why you don't see it in the Subscribe list in webmail.

6. wildfirewolf

wildfirewolf Registered

I know this thread is a bit old, but anyway.....

You can only the see the spam folder when you log in to webmail with the respective account that the spam is going to... if you are logged in with the overall account, then it doesn't show.. for example, if I'm logged in with the account I use to log in to Cpanel, in the webmail client I can see folders for all the different email accounts, but no spam folder... if I log in with one of the email accounts, then I can see the spam folder, provided that there are spam going to that address....