Spamassassin "spam" folder in RoundCube

vagkaefer

Jun 25, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
First, read this: Spamassassin "spam" folder in RoundCube

Then:

I know the problem is about 50 years old, but the problem continues! I researched again and could not find a solution.

I followed this problem for years, for webmail to work, I need to access all the email accounts and change the folder.

Does anyone know how to do this automatically? That really works? -.-

I have about 400 accounts to correct, do not want to do manually ....

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello @vagkaefer

To clarify, is the issue here that you don't see the "spam" folder in Roundcube? Generally, the issue users encounter is seeing both the Spam folder AND the Junk folder in Roundcube. We document this on our Mail FAQ document:

Why do I see both a Junk mail folder and a spam mail folder when I access my email account via Roundcube?

It notes the following:

Why do I see both a Junk mail folder and a spam mail folder when I access my email account via Roundcube?
When you create a new email account, the Dovecot mail server creates a Junk mailbox by default. When you access that new email account via the Roundcube webmail application, Roundcube will create a separate, additional bulk spam mailbox. This behavior causes the Roundcube webmail interface to display a Junk mailbox and a spam mailbox.

To unsubscribe from either of these folders, perform the following steps in your Roundcube webmail interface:
  1. In the upper-right corner of the interface, click Settings.
  2. Under the Settings heading, click Folders.
  3. Under the Folders heading, deselect the checkbox of the folder from which you wish to unsubscribe.
  4. Click Save. The mailbox will no longer display in the left-hand side of the interface.
I look forward to your response.

Thank you.