The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spamassassin suddenly scoring very low - spam all passing through

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Jeff-C, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Jeff-C

Jeff-C Well-Known Member

Spamassassin has been working very well on my server for a year now, but as of this week, all of a sudden it seems spams are all of a sudd4en scoring very low (2 - 3 range). Whereas before I got 10-15 spams a day in my personal inbox, now I'm getting 200+ every day. I have not manually updated spamassassin except for updating cpanel which is regularly updated to the latest stable.

I hesitate to lower my delete threshold so low since some legitimate messages also score in the 2-3 range. Any ideas on why obvious spam involving mail body parts and a hundreds of spur-m increase your .... you know, are getting through scored so low now?

Usually as spamassassin is updated the scoring changes a tiny bit, but I have never seen something so drastic as to take what would formerly score an 8-10 changed to a 2-3.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3. Jeff-C

Jeff-C Well-Known Member

Thanks Jonathan!

That seems to have done the trick.

Many thanks! I didn't fully appreciate how much spamassassin helps until I broke it :eek: