The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamAssassin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbrad, Mar 1, 2002.

1. sbrad

sbrad Well-Known Member

Please, for the love of GOD, give us a way to turn this unholy piece of trash off server-wide.
    I have just moved 300 accounts to a new server, and half of my customers are reporting bounced emails because of thist thing.

I'm not saying it's a bad piece of software. I'm saying I want the option to provide it or NOT provide it to my customers.

2. pfmartin

pfmartin Well-Known Member

If you just copied the accounts and they had spam assasin enabled before the copy, they will definetely bounce. I had the same problem. The way I fixed it was to delete the .spamassasin directories of all users on the new server. That &resets& spammassasin for you. Hope this helps.

3. sbrad

sbrad Well-Known Member

&The way I fixed it was to delete the .spamassasin directories of all users on the new server.&

That would take forever.
    My gripe is not so much about this fux0ring up, as it is just throwing all of these &features& in here without giving us the option to allow it for our customers or not.

4. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

That is why we have painfully learned to develop a theme for ourselves, obviously anonymously plain as possible, .... but at least we can decide what to let into our cpanel users' lives feature by feature instead of letting a floodgate of partially-tested software invade our existances.

:p
    Currently, it's the only way.

5. sbrad

sbrad Well-Known Member

I know. I know.

*sigh*