spamcop.net is expired

musioc

Aug 4, 2011
Hello
domain SPAMCOP.NET is expired, as a false positive result all ip addresses are listed in bl.spamcop.net and emails from gmail, yahoo, ... are being rejected
To disable rbl check go to Exim Configuration Manager in whm and click RBLs tab, then turn off bl.spamcop.net
https://prnt.sc/xx1x3j

Reactions: AzeDK

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
LMAO this is funny lol. They just re-registered it but the name servers are still not changed back yet...hopefully in 24h this will be all sorted out.

Reactions: cPanelChristine

godzilla

Aug 29, 2019
Italy
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I have this (kind of a) quick fix:

Code:
cp /etc/exim.conf.localopts /root/exim.conf.localopts.bak
sed -i 's/acl_spamcop_rbl=1/acl_spamcop_rbl=0/g' /etc/exim.conf.localopts
/scripts/buildeximconf
/scripts/restartsrv_exim

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
And it's not just mail that your server is receiving. Until "everyone" disables bl.spamcop.net or the DNS propragates, you're likely to get a lot of bounced mail back that your clients are sending.

• Sad

webicom

PartnerNOC
Mar 30, 2004
Slovenia
We are also experiencing a lot of gmail rejecton from emails sent by our clients from all our servers with different server IPs. I assume that gmail also uses a spamcop spam database to some extent and that is why there are so many rejections.. Could this rejections be due to spamcop issues?

godzilla

Aug 29, 2019
Italy
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
We are also experiencing a lot of gmail rejecton from emails sent by our clients from all our servers with different server IPs. I assume that gmail also uses a spamcop spam database to some extent and that is why there are so many rejections.. Could this rejections be due to spamcop issues?
Spamcop is unreachable. If your cPanel server has SpamCop configured in exim's RBL filters it will reject about any email.
You can easily fix by doing what stated in the original post: WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> RBL tab: Turn off bl.spamcop.net

webicom

PartnerNOC
Mar 30, 2004
Slovenia
Spamcop is unreachable. If your cPanel server has SpamCop configured in exim's RBL filters it will reject about any email.
You can easily fix by doing what stated in the original post: WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> RBL tab: Turn off bl.spamcop.net
Thank you for your reply. In the time of writing this post I was not aware that most support ticket we had from our clients ware do to us blocking gmail and not the other way around but I then quickly figured this out and turned off spamcop on all servers and now it is OK.

Reactions: godzilla

godzilla

Aug 29, 2019
Italy
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Thank you for your reply. In the time of writing this post I was not aware that most support ticket we had from our clients ware do to us blocking gmail and not the other way around but I then quickly figured this out and turned off spamcop on all servers and now it is OK.
yeah, the very same happened to me :) It took a few minutes to understand what was going on

luisfalcon

Feb 25, 2003
Confirming, bunch o emails rejected as spam, disabling spamcop as a rbl fixes the issue: WHM >> Exim Configuration Manager >> RBL tab

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes looks to be fine...we had some issues in the morning with Hotmail but that seems to be cleared by now as well.

Reactions: cPRex