The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More. & potentially executable attachment...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThunderHostingDotCom, May 10, 2004.

1. ThunderHostingDotCom

ThunderHostingDotCom Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2002
    All over!
    We have 2 major problems & a few small concerns.

1) Last week one of our server IPs ended up on spam list. We were able to get it removed quickly but as of today we have clients complaining that they can not send out emails due to blocking the email. Our main server IP seems to now have been listed on

My questions are, a. How can I find out what is causing this to happen? b. What can we do to protect our server IPs from being listed? & c. How do I find out who is reporting our IPs?

2) For the past few months our mail queue has been filled with emails such as the below. Now it is great that the server is not letting the original emails though but can I turn the below reply email off? Chances are the original emails are from an evil person anyway & we do not care to send any reply if an attachment with an invalid extension is trying to pass through our server.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
    This message has been rejected because it has
    a potentially executable attachment "material.scr"
    This form of attachment has been used by
    recent viruses or other malware.
    If you meant to send this file then please
    package it up as a zip file and resend it.

3) Has anyone been able to put a stop to the real email addys being spoofed?

4) We are considering adding a spam & virus software to our mail server. Any suggestions that work well with little maintenance?

Thanks in advance for your help!