The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPAMD + Control Panel loads - out of control!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr.wonderful, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Since upgrading to the latest build and the upgrade installed SA3.01 Spamd is out of control. My box is suffering huge loads and poor performance. User control panels loading slower and slower everytime Cpanel sends us an upgrade. 15 seconds to load a control panel is unacceptable and thats without a load on the box and thats using the X theme. We are not even talking about RVSKIN which is dog slow.

Something has to be done with these dynamically build control panel themes. Users should not have to wait forever to get their CP's up.

Also, SPAMD is a dog. I would disable it if i could but that doesnt work either. I tried that last week, even rebooted the box. Guess what, SPAMD was still running in the background even though it was disabled from all the options in WHM.

If i disable spamd and reboot the box i expect it to be dead. I dont expect to see it running in the background. We dont need it anyway. Our users dont need to run SA from their CP because we filter all spam via SA serverwide so this is just an added load on the box.

#1 mr.wonderful, Oct 26, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2004
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Then you're not turning off SpamAssassin properly on your server:

WHM > Tweak Settings > SpamAssassin > untick
    WHM > Service Manager > spamd > untick
    Then restart exim

I have no idea why you're blaming cPanel for spamd, since it is nothing to do with them :rolleyes: - that's how SpamAssassin works when you use it in daemon mode.

If you're having problems with the speed of cPanel loading, then you need to look at your server resources and tune your server properly, though why I'm helping you I have no idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.