The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spamd failed - Need help stopping this email coming to me

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Andre Montaut, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Andre Montaut

Andre Montaut Member

For the last 2 days I seem to be getting this email every hour or so. Any idea why this is the case and what i can do to resolve it?

2. vincentg

vincentg Well-Known Member

I am seeing same message on two servers - both are Centos - no such message on a Fedora server

3. ruiz

ruiz Active Member

Install the cpanel plugin "spamdconf" via your WHM, reload WHM and click "Setup Spamd Startup Configuration" on your menu.

Then, you'll need to try higher values for "Maximum Children" and "Maximum Connections Perl Child". I have mine setup as:
    Maximum Children:8
    Allowed IPs: 127.0.0.1
    Maximum Connections Perl Child:4

Please note that you'll have a higher cpu and ram usage after you change those options.

4. plague

plague Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi

This is happening in a fewer servers I have, after the upgrade to 11.32. The error tends to appear on monday (don't know why).
    I think the problem is with the "restartsrv" script because if I try to restart the service with "/scripts/restartsrv spamd" spamd will fail with this on logs:

Code:
    May  2 09:19:23 tucano spamc[25399]: connect to spamd on 127.0.0.1 failed, retrying (#1 of 3): Connection refused
    May  2 09:19:24 tucano spamc[25399]: connect to spamd on 127.0.0.1 failed, retrying (#2 of 3): Connection refused
    May  2 09:19:25 tucano spamc[25399]: connect to spamd on 127.0.0.1 failed, retrying (#3 of 3): Connection refused
    May  2 09:19:26 tucano spamc[25399]: connection attempt to spamd aborted after 3 retries

(spamc ?)

If I restart it using "/scripts/restartsrv_spamd" it comes up and running again, without any errors. I guess WHM automatically restarts use the first command line, is it possible?
    I'm about to submit a ticket for this, but if anyone could help...

5. GuntherR

GuntherR Member

Had the same problem this morning after an XML-LibXML cPanel update (Successfully installed XML-LibXML-1.97 (upgraded from 1.96)).
    Installed the spamdconf and set "Allowed IPs: 127.0.0.1" and all was working fine again.

The first Checkd email I received contained the following:
    Thanks for the posting!