cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

my problem is when restart exim , show this error

service exim restart
Shutting down exim: [ OK ]
Shutting down spamd: [FAILED]
Starting exim: [ OK ]
Starting spamd: warn [restartsrv_base] The 'spamd' service's PID file '/var/run/spamd.pid' did not appear after 10 seconds.

info [restartsrv_base] The service 'spamd' failed to restart. Trying '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/522/bin/spamd'.
(XID 4ahnpy) The “spamd” service failed to start.
[FAILED]
how to reinstall exim and spamd ?

please helpe me for solved this problem

thanks

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Could you verify if the /etc/eximdisable touch file exists on this system? You can verify this with a command such as:

Code:
ls /etc/eximdisable
Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

chrisnpg

Aug 30, 2006
Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.
Question: Was a solution ever found for this problem? I've been looking around a little to try and get this problem fixed with no luck. I also searched for the file you posted "ls /etc/eximdisable" and the file is not there.

Any additional info would be appreciated.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Question: Was a solution ever found for this problem? I've been looking around a little to try and get this problem fixed with no luck. I also searched for the file you posted "ls /etc/eximdisable" and the file is not there.
Hello,

Check to see if the SpamAssassin RPM exists on the system with a command such as:

Code:
rpm -qa | grep -i spam
If you don't see any output with the above command, run the following command to install the missing RPM:

Code:
/scripts/check_cpanel_rpms
Thank you.