The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spamd port 783 failures?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rmackay, Dec 15, 2007.

1. rmackay

rmackay Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am getting a ton of these messages in my exim_paniclog file:

2007-12-15 11:02:53 1J3cHf-0002Kx-TI spam acl condition: warning - spamd connection to 127.0.0.1, port 783 failed: Connection timed out
    2007-12-15 11:02:53 1J3cHf-0002Kx-TI spam acl condition: all spamd servers failed

This is causing all sorts of strange behavior and I have also been getting a lot of automail from the server saying that it is restarting various services quite often. (pop,exim,cpsrvd, etc)

In my /var/log/messages file I also see quite a bit of this:

Dec 15 11:09:02 server3 kernel: ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.
    Dec 15 11:09:16 server3 kernel: NET: 28 messages suppressed.

Can some shed some light on what is happening here? any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. rmackay

rmackay Well-Known Member

incidentally, the problem was "fixed" by increasing the size of the ip_conntrack table. however I am not sure if this is just a bandaid or not and if the problem will surface again at some point.

The reason for all the restart messages is that chkservd would time out checking the ports that the services were running on and then restart them.

Has anyone seen anything like this before and is there a way to flush / reset the ip_conntrack table when it does get full?

3. trich

trich Member

I'm having these same issues as well. It seems to have started some time over the weekend.

I don't see any such ip_conntrack messages in /var/log/messages so I think it may be a greater problem.