The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SpamD problems sending

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jfreak53, Jul 15, 2011.

1. jfreak53

jfreak53 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to disable SpamAssassin checking on SMTP outgoing email? I have a lot of customers in third world countries, where 80% of the IPs from their ISPs are on at least 6 blacklists. So when they send out through their domain on my shared hosting my server rejects it from them because of this. This is sending out through smtp. I sort of got it working by starting EXIM on another port not the regular port, it works sometimes and sometimes not.

Is there a way to stop it filtering based on blacklists for outgoing mail?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Can you post the exact error message being received for one of these messages?

Code:
    exigrep email@domain.com /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Please replace email@domain.com with the email in question. I'm a bit confused about the indication for SpamAssassin filtering outbound emails, since normally it filters incoming rather than outgoing to my knowledge.

3. jfreak53

jfreak53 Well-Known Member

I would have to wait until we have some problems again now since I moved everyone over to port 26 second exim process and it seems to fix it. So there is nothing in the way of errors of any kind for those addresses anymore.

I said it was SpamAssasin because they emails were never even logged as going out! For instance, my email was one of them. I would send 3, then go to Relayers to check and 0 emails sent was shown. Ok, so I went to queue, nothing in queue at all. So then I grepped the logs, error - main - reject and nothing from me in days. So that told me that the emails weren't even getting to my server from me. And I would get no bounce backs either.

I would shutdown CSF, still same problem. So then I tried on SSL, same problem. So I did some searching and saw a lot of people were having this problem but zero fixes ever. So I tried one guys suggestion of opening a second exim process of port 26 or another port. So I did that and it worked.

I know it wasn't my ISP blocking the standard SMTP port. Since I use the standard SMTP from another computer in my house to another server and it works fine. I also was fine 3 days before this started happening. I did notice that my IP from my ISP was on 5 blacklists including barracuda.

So that's what I found, unfortunately I cannot get any logs right now since no more problems since we started on port 26. In the next couple of days I will switch over to port 25 and try again and paste some logs of it, if I find any, like I said I grepped the first time it happened and kept grepping and zero errors ever, my emails never even showed up in the logs. So don't know if there will be anything to paste.

Thanks for the help.