The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spamd randomly getting killed.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by TijuanaKez, Nov 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TijuanaKez

TijuanaKez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Once every few days I see all mail accounts exploding with spam due to spamassasin no longer running. Restarting Exim from WHM does the trick but why is the service stopping?

The rest of the server is runnings fine and doesnt seem to be under unnecessarily high load.

Checking logs would be grand but I'm only familiar with doing this via cPanel and there are many cPanel accounts on the server. Is there a way to look at server wide system logs in WHM that might have relevant information as to why the spamd service is getting killed?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you review /var/log/exim_mainlog and /var/log/exim_paniclog for the date/time this last happened and let us know of any specific output? There's no WHM feature to directly view the log files, but these documents should help you to get started:

The cPanel Log Files - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation
    Getting Started with Linux Commands - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Also, this command may help:

Code:
    grep "2016-11-29 09:00" /var/log/exim_mainlog
    Replace "2016-11-29 09:00" with the date/time to search for, and consider removing "09:00" to see the logs for the entire day.

Or, feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature and we can take a closer look. If you choose to do this, post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. TijuanaKez

TijuanaKez Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Again this morning.... /var/log/exim_paniclog lists a whole lot of this from 3am onwards...

spam acl condition: all spamd servers failed
    OS spam acl condition: warning - spamd connection to 127.0.0.1, port 783 failed: Connection refused

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.