The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPAMD wont start after reboot (recent perl upgrade)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyjimbo, Nov 10, 2005.

  1. nyjimbo

    nyjimbo Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2003
    Messages:
    1,125
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    New York
    We are running Freebsd 4.7 and recently we experienced failures of Cpanellogd like several other people here and we did the upgrade of perl to 5.8.7, this seemed to fix everything with the log processing and all was well.

    Our system was not rebooted since the upgrade and tonight we did a boot to see something in the bios but after everything came up we noticed SPAMD was down. The chkservd log
    shows this every few minutes...

    [Thu Nov 10 22:53:15 2005] Service check ....cpsrvd [+]...exim [+]...exim-2525 [+]...eximstats [+]...ftpd [+]...httpd [+]...imap [+]...mysql [+]...pop [+]...spamd [-Notifcation => webmaster@mydomain.com via EMAIL [level => 3]
    Restarting spamd....
    perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
    perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
    LC_ALL = (unset),
    LANG = "en_US"
    are supported and installed on your system.
    perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
    /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-freebsd/auto/Net/DNS/DNS.so: Undefined symbol "perl_get_sv"
    ]...syslogd [+]...Done

    SPAMD does not come back up and ever few minutes the check runs again and produces the same output. So it seems like something with perl is messed up.

    Anyone know what is wrong or if there is a quick fix for it ?

    thanks.
     
  2. nyjimbo

    nyjimbo Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2003
    Messages:
    1,125
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Location:
    New York
    Ok to follow up. Since there was a new STABLE update for WHM/CPanel I ran upgrade to latest from WHM and right near the beginning the updater spotted the dead Spamd and claimed spamc and other things were messed up and it went ahead and reinstalled spamd, spamc and some other stuff. I could see it was doing a bunch of stuff with the new
    perl that was recently installed.

    After the UPCP was completed SPAMD now appears to be running fine, I will just monitor
    it over the next 24 hours to be sure.

    :)
     
Loading...

Share This Page