SpamExperts relay through Exim

Al Gilson

Oct 15, 2015
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Howdy,

We're running WHM 11.52.0, and are utilizing SpamExperts service.

The SpamExperts service runs well, and it serves the purpose of what we need, but we're hitting an SPF error. My Google-fu is letting me down, as I can't seem to find a solution to a problem. Here goes:

We have a client with email [email protected]<domain-A>.com. This user is able to send and receive without any issues. All the MX records point to SpamExperts, and SpamExperts delivers email to our server without any problems. The user has created an email forwarder in their account. The forwarded is email received to: [email protected]<domain-A>.com goes to [email protected]<domain-B>.com. When an email is sent from an SPF-protected domain, say @hotmail.com, the message is not forwarded and ends up visible in the user's cPanel, Email Trace. Error looks like:

Code:
Event: failure
User: <username>
Domain: <domain-A>.com
Sender: <someuser>@hotmail.com
Sent Time: Oct 15, 2015 1:28:13 PM
Sender Host: delivery.antispamcloud.com
Sender IP Address: x.y.z.a
Authentication: forwarder
Spam Score: 0
Recipient: [email protected]<domain-A>.com
Delivery User: <username>
Delivery Domain: <domain-A>.com
Delivered To:
Router: lookuphost
Transport: remote_smtp
Out Time: Oct 15, 2015 1:28:13 PM
ID: 1ZmmKl-0016kq-A7
Delivery Host: mail.<ourserver>.com
Delivery IP Address: b.c.d.e
Size: 3.32 KB
Result: ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:256 CV=yes: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<<someuser>@hotmail.com> SIZE=4498: 550 Unable to relay for hotmail.com
Is there an option that I can enable that will allow all mail from delivery.antispamcloud.com to pass through our system, or is there any option that I can enable that will re-write the message header so that the mail is repackaged as a new sender address and then isn't technically a relay?

I've added delivery.antispamcloud.com to our Backup MX Hosts addresses, but that didn't seem to to the trick.

Help?

Thanks,

- Al

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

I am happy to see you were able to find additional information on this issue. Feel free to vote and add your feedback to the existing feature request.

Thank you.