The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spammer blacklists not happy with default cpanel page?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seth Bembeneck, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Seth Bembeneck

Seth Bembeneck Registered

Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My server recently got blacklisted on D. D. N. S. B. L. - after fixing an issue with the reverse IP, my vps provider initiated steps to get the IP delisted.

The request was denied - reason given:

"SITE-NONE means there was no site about/abuse/contact information found.
    Both, "sdbnetworks.net" and the "www.sdbnetworks.net" only show:

"Nothing to see here!"
    And "zonkers.sdbnetworks.net" shows only a default cpanel page.

We do not accept emails from anonymous sites."

Not sure what they mean by no "site about /abuse/contact information found" - a whois look up on the domain returns contact information.

The domain in question is my "base" or "root" domain - required by the vps company when ordering it.

Other domains are hosted on the vps.

I fixed the message about "nothing to see here" - now displays a proper website that explains what the site is all about...

but I'm not sure how to fix zonkers.sdbnetworks.net - as it is an internal host name, it doesn't appear I can use cpanel to redirect zonkers.sdbnetworks.net to the same folder that sdbnetworks.net lives in...

So my questions are:

1. Am I the only one who uses a different domain name for a root vps? this is my first time using vps - no where have I read that I need to have a site on the root domain name - though that doesn't mean it doesn't exist some where...

2. What is the best way to get zonkers.sdbnetworks.net to reference the main site? I don't know of the blacklisters will accept sdbnetworks.net having a proper site now or not so I figure I better fix both issues.

3. as sdbnetworks.net was never intended to host an actual site, how does one publish that abuse/contact/etc info they referenced? I thought that is what the domain's whois info was for...

4. Has any one else run into this situation?

Thank you in advance for any guidance provided

Seth

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Seth,

For the hostname having a site, you can use the directions in this post to do that:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/possibl...n-ip-http-xx-xx-xx-xx-284642.html#post1191022

The hostname should be a subdomain on a main domain, so it appears you have set that up right.

For the issue with the abuse/contact/etc info, it should be the domain whois information, although they might also expect the DNS zone itself to have a properly set email address. Otherwise, you could put it on the about page for the site and link them to that.

Thanks!

3. Seth Bembeneck

Seth Bembeneck Registered

Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for the reply - I did find that post and it helped.

How would I add the info to the dns zone it self? I do have an about page now, but may as well get my info out there in any way so that they have no excuse saying I can't be reached.

Seth

Seth

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you go to WHM > Edit a DNS zone, you'll see 3 fields at the top of the zone file when you choose to edit it. The one at the top to the far right contains the email address. It is not in emailuser@domain.com format but in emailuser.domain.com format. It typically fills with what you put into WHM > Basic cPanel & WHM Setup area for the contact email. If you want a different email there, change that field ensuring to use emailuser.domain.com rather than @ in it.

After making the change, then save the zone.