The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spamming from my Server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jfreak53, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jfreak53

jfreak53 Well-Known Member

Ok I have found a few threads on this subject but they are all script related, I don't have a scripter, I have a SMtPer I think. I don't know how to get rid of him, it just started last night, 13K emails in 2 mins!!!

Last night I simply found the two IPs he was using and blocked in csf, I know this is not the solution since he's probably jumping IPs. This morning he went out again. I have basically stopped it at a certain point. I have limited my main domain to 10 per hour and I use most of that myself since it's my business.

So how do I stop this twit and get him off my system. The first ten emails are being sent then he get's dropped and they start bouncing since he passed the hourly limit.

Right now I blocked his recent IP to buy me some time to boot him. But how do I stop this for good? Is there a way to block all incoming SMTP connections for only this domain except for X ip address?? Since I am the only one using this domain for SMTP I can add my IP.

Or is there another solution? I'm no sure about it being SMTP but I figure it is since in the logs it doesn't state a script sending it, it states an IP and a server. So I just figured SMTP.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    In your cPanel, click the Default Address icon. What are your settings here?

3. jfreak53

jfreak53 Well-Known Member

Right now for that domain it's :blackhole: