Operating System & Version
Centos 7.6
cPanel & WHM Version
v92.0.11

m-mehdipoor

Apr 6, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have a cpanel server and when I use special characters in directories , I will not be able to access the files in that directory.

Here is an example ( directory name : Bozá )

REDACTED
you will see subscribe.png there and it gives not found error after clicking on it.

REDACTED

I don't have any issue on my directadmin servers. But I faced it on all of my cpanel servers....

Is there any solution?
thank you in advance

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The most likely explanation is that the files were encoded differently on the Source machine and are being handled differently by CentOS. There are additional details on that here:

Can you see if that resolves the issue?

m-mehdipoor

Apr 6, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! The most likely explanation is that the files were encoded differently on the Source machine and are being handled differently by CentOS. There are additional details on that here:

Can you see if that resolves the issue?
Thank you. But I don't want to convert the files/directories each time.
I want to add supporting these characters to the server.
As mentioned I have another server with centos and directadmin and I don't have this issue there.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I create a file named testcháracter.txt on my personal website and I was able to load that without an issue. Do you know if there are any customizations to Apache or the server? If not, could you submit a ticket to our team so we can do some additional testing as I would expect this to work by default.