The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specific folder permissions for CPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WCrooks, Sep 24, 2009.

1. WCrooks

WCrooks Active Member

Recently, a server I help administrate had an unfortunate experience:

-every- file on the server was chowned to root.

While I managed to recover all services on the host, including CPanel, there are still some individual problems which I'm sure are related to directory permissions (broken images, root phpmyadmin no longer works, etc.).

Additionally, I have no real way of knowing what the proper directory permissions related to CPanel are, because I don't have a second install of CPanel to compare to.

To that end, I'm wondering if anyone could perhaps point me to a reference that contains details on file ownership within CPanel?

Or...failing that, does anyone have a relatively clean CPanel install they'd be willing to run an ls -ltrR on and send me the output?(/usr/local/cpanel and /var would be my main concerns here -- I would of course not need /home, /usr/local/apache, or similar system directories).

Thanks!

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are having difficulties with finding these processes, I have attached a tutorial that has some interesting variation on ps and grep that may help you find your processes. I hope that helps, please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Show All Running Processes in Linux

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry