The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specific script signup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stwman11, Jul 13, 2006.

1. stwman11

stwman11 Member

Currently using cPanel and Fantastico, but Fantastico does not need to be a part of the mix.

I would like to start a gallery site - where a user can sign up for a free account with Gallery2, with the option of paying for a larger quota and more support and services. My vision is this:

User goes to www.domain.com, signs up for a gallery2 account. All the user gets after a signup with ALP, Lpanel, Modernbilling, or any billing software, is a gallery2 account. Immediate signup - signup for Package "Gallery", then instructions to login are printed on the screen and emailed. Domain is at www.yurdomain.com/username or username.domain.com.

Netenberg said this is not possible now. Is there any way, via cPanel, I can automate this process? Even by hiring a programmer to do the work which I cannot do? My question is whether or not this is possible. I would prefer to do this through cPanel so I can keep track of quotas, bandwidth and such, but would like to make this automated with existing tools and a bit of tweaking.

My vision is this: user goes to www.somedomain.com and signs up for package Gallery2, via some billing software. After signup, their info for logging in is printed to the screen, then emailed to their account. The user, then, without any installing or configuration, is presented with their login screen for Gallery2 and is immediately able to post their pics. I want to make this available to Grandma and Aunt Jane. The free account would be limited, then the user would be able to sign up, for a fee, for heftier storage/ more services/support.

This, of course, would be possible with any script, whether Coppermine, phpbb2 or any other script, available on the server. In this case, it is specifically Gallery2. Gallery2, or any script, should be available with a detailed howto, hints or at least a FAQ. I'm not looking for a howto, rather whether or not it is possible.

stwman11