Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Specify unique MX in Email Routing?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Scott Galambos, Jan 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Scott Galambos

Scott Galambos Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    How can I enter a specific MX record for an addon domain (eg. test.com) in Email Routing? I use to be able to do this in older versions of cPanel if I remember correctly. Now all I can do is select Local or Remote. I want Remote -> mail.customdomain.com. My cPanel server does not host or control the DNS zone for the domain (test.com).

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's not possible to add or manage MX records via the "Email Routing" interface. This is now handled with the Zone Editor option.

If the DNS for this domain name is not managed on the cPanel server, then keep in mind that any DNS records you add or change through cPanel will have no affect on the actual DNS records. You'd need to manually configure them at the DNS hosting provider for that domain name.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...