The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speed up backup / increase load over 3?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by zye, Jul 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. zye

zye Well-Known Member

Hi all

i would like to change pkgacct - username - av: 3 - the av:3 wich is the Load to 15

i am running a dual dell poweredge with 32 cores and 128GB ram and hardware RAID

backups running with av load of 3 now - would like to speed things up

thx
    cheers
    zye

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can browse to the "Stats and Logs" tab in "WHM Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings" and modify the following option:

"Extra CPUs for server load"

Per it's description:

The load average above the number of CPUs at which cpuwatch, cpanellogd, backups, and CPU stats consider the system to be in a critical load state. For example, a server with 4 physical CPUs and a value of 2 in this field will be considered “critical” in these cases once the load reaches 6.

Additionally, you may want to adjust the following option in "WHM >> Tweak Settings" under the "System" tab:

I/O priority level at which nightly backups are run

Per it's description:

You must compile ionice with your kernel to use this option. ionice manages I/O scheduling for processes on your system. Specifying a lower value for this option gives the process a higher priority. This option can accept integer values between 0 and 7.

Thank you.