The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spell check stopped working

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Hank - K, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Hank - K

Hank - K Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have been using roundcube for about 4 years. Yesterday when drafting emails, I noticed that the spell check had stopped working. In the past, a miss-pelt word would have a red squiggly line under it and I would right click on the word and a large popup would appear with a few suggestions of the spelling of the word and a few options. Now when I right click on the word I get a small popup that has cut, copy paste, insert edit link, unlink, insert edit image, alignment and Insert edit image on it. If I try to use any one of the above, I get a popup that states "Currently not supported by your browser, use keyboard shortcuts instead", and an OK box to click. The keyboard options do work, however, I would like to get the spell check back. I not sure if I have inadvertently shut the spell check off. Please let me know if there is anything that could help.
    Hank- K

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Just for fun, try another browser and see if you get the same result. If you're using Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Chrome for example.

3. Hank - K

Hank - K Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I was using Chrome and shut down the email and restarted it in internet explorer. The spell check works there. Do I re install chrome?

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    No I don't think that will be helpful. If you've got any plugins installed in Chrome, an ad blocker for example, you might try disabling those to see if one of them is affecting this.