Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPF - cPanel adding + sign automatically

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by marlowmedia, Oct 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. marlowmedia

marlowmedia Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey,

How do we stop cPanel adding the + sign on the SPF records? It seems every night cPanel will edit the SPF records for all domains and add the + sign after each entry. For example if i have the spf as:

ip4:83.170.XX.XX include:_spf.DOMAIN.com

then over night it will change it to:

+ip4:83.170.XX.XX +include:_spf.DOMAIN.com

I cant have cPanel adding the + sign to the SPF every night as it makes my domain become invalid for a service i am using. Also having + signs in the SPF can cause slower email delivery and can cause email problems. I understand having the + sign on the SPF means exactly the same as when not having it but i do know it can slow the delivery of emails and can cause deliverability problems.

How do i stop it?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

cPanel should not overwrite existing TXT entries in a DNS zone. For example, I setup the following TXT entry for a test domain name:

Code:
    "v=spf1 +a +mx ip4:1.2.3.4 ~all"
    Upon updating cPanel, the entry was unchanged. Do you have any custom cron jobs or third-party applications that could be editing the DNS zone for this domain name?

Thank you.