The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPF record resetting every night

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tbare, Sep 1, 2013.

1. tbare

tbare Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Every morning, my SPF records are reset to default, and broken default at that.

I've had to reset my record to: "v=spf1 ip4:111.111.222.222 +a +mx ?all"

and every morning, it's set back to: "v=spf1 ip4:111.111.222.222 +a +mx + ?all" -- notice that plus sign before ?all -- obviously, SPAM filters don't like the broken SPF record, and i have to change it them back, and wait the ~4 horus before spam filters like me again....

Anybody else have this problem? Have a fix for it? This is getting rather obnoxious rather quickly.

Thanks

2. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't know what is causing that, but you could try to change the record to:
    "v=spf1 ip4:111.111.222.222 a mx ?all"
    which means exactly the same as:
    "v=spf1 ip4:111.111.222.222 +a +mx ?all"

3. tbare

tbare Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's fine, but the point is that cPanel (or a cron job), is changing the records nightly -- I'll try taking the plus out of in front of the a and mx, but if it keeps changing, I'm at a loss...

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There was an internal case similar to this issue in the past, however a resolution was pushed out with cPanel version 11.38.1.2 (case number 60047). Could you let us know which version of cPanel is installed on your system?

Code:
    cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
    If it's the most recent version on your build tier, please open a support ticket so we can take a closer look:

Submit A Ticket

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. tbare

tbare Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm running 11.38.2.6, but last night, the SPF settings didn't force a reset. I'd say I'm probably just nuts, but it did happen the previous 5 days in a row...

I'll keep an eye, and if it happens again, I'll submit a ticket, and post back here as well, but until then, I don't know what to do (unless I can see when the last cron jobs happened -- if they didn't run last night for whatever reason, that could be why they didn't revert.)

Thanks.