Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SPF to avoid Spoofing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by kowalski215, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kowalski215

kowalski215 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Ok - this is going to be a stupid question I know, but it's the first time I actually use cPanel for managing email account and I do need some support while doing it.

So, I've recently noticed that one of my multiple domain email address is frequently spoofed. So far it seems that emails are spoofed and sent to the same email account, and I have no reports of customers receiving spoofed email message.

Anyway, I'd like to avoid spoofing (of the sender email address) and I've read it's actually possible via SPF.

As all the email addresses are checked by multiple - and always different locations - I cannot filter IP addresses and a filter of the server sending the email would be enough.
    Is there a way to do that? How should I setup SPF in cPanel?

Thanks in advance to everybody who will answer and wish you all Happy Easter.
    Regards
    g

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...