The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sprite files being overwritten

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by nbd9gn1, Feb 1, 2011.

1. nbd9gn1

nbd9gn1 Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Hello cPanel forum,

I have a problem with my sprite files being overwritten. I've contacted my Host, but they said they could not find anything in there logs. Here are the responses that I've received:

Good Evening HG,

I am in the process of re-branding my cPanel, but have ran across a problem that amounts to my icon_sprite files are being regenerated without my knowledge, dropping the images that I've generated previously. This happens very evening around 10:59pm. I know that it is not me and I've looked around to see if there is something set in the cpanel, but did not find anything. The theme is located under cpanelbranding/x3/pawz_cpanel/ and the files in questions are the icon_sprite_img* files.

This might be the cPanel update script causing that to be overwritten. Could you let us know what file you're modifying and the file you are modifying it with so that we can manually run the update and see if that's what causes it?

Hey There,

I'm using a dynamicui.conf file located under
    cpanelbranding/x3/pawz_cpanel. I then go into WHM to the branding editor
    and select the style under the x3 theme. I upload the necessary icons and
    regenerate the sprites. All is good when I go and peview. What is odd is
    that this is not happening to the heading sprites, but all the other
    sprites. Also, the new groupings (menu boxes) and text are not affected,
    just the icons.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

I have reviewed the servers logs and I'm not seeing anything on our side overwriting these. What we can do, is if you get these to a state where you're happy with them, is make them un-editable by anyone on the server, without the restriction being removed. If you would like for us to do this, please provide us with a list of files where we can get this done for you.

Best Regards,

Support Supervisor

There solution for me won't be practical since I plan to update the groups frequently.
    I was hoping that someone on this forum might have an answer for me or something I can point my hosting company to.

Thank you in advance.