The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sql db crash

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by donny84, Jan 19, 2010.

1. donny84

donny84 Member

my sql db crashed, when i ran repair it dropped everything in my 1 table. i am just wondering if cpanel has a backup of the db or is there anyway to get it back? i am desperate. thanks in advance

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

cPanel do not backup anything unless you schedule to do it from WHM >> Backups option OR manually backup it from cPanel >> Backups option. If you have a Shared hosting account, ask your host if they have the backups.

3. donny84

donny84 Member

OK thanks, Host doesnt have a backup, and I never set cpanel to run backups because I had a script which was supposed to take backups which it turns out stopped working 6 months ago.

I was just hoping that my some miracle there would be a way to recover the data. But seems like there isnt going to be a way :(

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Depends I guess on what the table is and the data that was in it. For example if it was just a table with settings for a CMS lets say, you might be able to restore it from a query of some sort. Sorry can't help more without more details.