The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SQL password problem

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Colin Elligsen, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Colin Elligsen

Colin Elligsen Registered

In creating new user/pass for SQL I messed up the root password. And I am not sure which one I messed up. However, I think I messed up the root one versus the local root. Anyway now when I try, the change fails. The result is that I cannot access phpMyAdmin.

How can I resolve this?

I have not made SSH work yet either. Putty keeps saying there is not supported authentication methods available.

Any ideas?
    Colin
    order@allgoodtech.com

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Contact your data centre and get them to fix the ssh problem. Once thats fixed you should be able to change the mysql root password from the command line.

3. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Are you certain you "messed up the root MySQL password"?

One easy way to tell is to open the "phpMyAdmin" from WHM instead of Cpanel and if that fails to open then yes you probably did manage to get your root password out of sync some how. On the other hand, if phpMyAdmin opens up without problem then you have some other issue not related to your MySQL root password.

In any case, you shouldn't need SSH access for this though it might help but still should not be totally necessary.

If you changed your root password for MySQL then you are going to want to reset the password again and there is "2" different options under WHM for this and if one isn't working then I would try the other:

MySQL Root Password

Reset Local MySQL Root Password

(The latter being more of a failsafe "forced" reset)

If you have Chirpy's explorer (cse @ configserver.net) then you could also optionally force run an update to MySQL ( /scripts/mysqlup --force)

"MySQL Upgrade" may be an option to you as well