The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SQL Upload Timeout

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Dluzion, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Dluzion

Dluzion Member

Hello i need to get to this file to change the time out limit on the uploads for sql how do i get there?

here is the address

/usr/local/cpanel/base/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/libraries read_dump.lib.php

2. MasterIPB

MasterIPB Registered

Yeah any help on this would be good, i also need to fix the time out problem,

I need to up it to 3600 seconds (60 mins) from 300 seconds (5 mins)

But one thing you need to know, you edit the time out time in the config.default.php file which is also found in the libraries directory,

i dont know how to access it on my server though, where exactly are the files.

The SQL i need to upload is around about 10MB gzipped and the 5 minuite time out just isnt long enough for it to upload and execute the querys,

There are also other databases that are larger than this which i need to upload, one even passes the 25MB gzipped mark so i dont even know if an hour will be long enough, but if i know how to change it i can edit it accordingly.

The only other thing i can do it make all my domains installed phpMyAdmin manually and edit it but then they will have to update the SQL themselves and, no offence to anybody, they are thick and won't have a clue what they are doing.

Any help on this will be greatly appriciated,

Thanks in advance.

#2 MasterIPB, Apr 15, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  3. WEB-PROS

WEB-PROS Well-Known Member

You can not change this its the way that apache 1 is built, is times out on most file uploads after 5 mins no matter what limit is set. Thats why for my file hosting i use Apache 2 to upload can upload massive files without problems.

4. Dluzion

Dluzion Member

and how would i go about upgrading apache?

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You can't upgrade to apache v2 at present. Your best bet is to import the SQL using the mysql command line options in shell.