Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SquirellMail Install or Disable

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by WinterRG, Jun 21, 2005.

1. WinterRG

WinterRG Member

It would appear that somehow Squirellmail didn't get installed with cPanel so, obviously I am seeing erorrs when the users select this option for their webmal. Either I would like to install Squirellmail or disable the option for all users across cPanel (ie: not on a per user basis) from the webmail login selection list. Could someone suggest a resolution to either option?

Thanks a lot

Russ

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

To try and get Squirrelmail to install, try going to WHM > Server Setup > Tweak Settings > Mail and see if "SquirrelMail Webmail" is checked. If not, check it and save. If so, uncheck it, save, recheck it and save again.

As for disabling Squirrelmail on a per user basis, this should be possible through feature lists.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 webignition, Jun 21, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  3. WinterRG

WinterRG Member

Thanks for the reply,

Unchecking Sqirellmail in the Server Settings container, disables it from being a displayed optin in the webmail list, however as far as I was aware (and now tested) re-checking it doesn't "install" the complete application. for now I have it disabled through this method but would like to know how to actually get it installed so we could re-enable it in time if requested.

Also, out of interest, I might be looking in the wrong place or be misisng something, but I could not find squirellmail as an entry in the feature lists, just the complate webmail section could be enable or disabled. Have I missed something?

Thanks again for your assistance

Russ

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If squirrelmail wasn't installed you should try running:

/scripts/upcp --force

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...