The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Squirrel CPanel Password Changer...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by genial, Feb 1, 2004.

1. genial

genial Registered

Does the squirrel CPanel Password changer plugin works with CPanel?

I would like to allow my clients to change their email password from within squirrelmail by using this plugin...

If it does not work (As I have installed it and it does not change the password), which of the squirrelmail password changing plugins work? :confused:

2. dlevens

dlevens Member

I am trying to find something similar. I do not want my clients using http://www.mydomainhere.com/webmail because I want to force them to use my stand alone install of squirrelmail. So I too am looking for a plugin that works with squirrelmail but also interfaces with cpanel to change their password.

Anyone get this working?

Dennis

3. tr808

tr808 Member

I would also like to see this work correctly, but so far I've had no luck. I've contacted the author, but he has not responded yet. Seems like it's pretty close to working (for me anyway) but not quite.

What script is called by cPanel to update the passwd hashes for a virtual email user? I could probably put together a service that you could run on the system & a plugin that would talk to it to change passwords...

Otherwise, I could probably just call the system's passwd hash function & update the user's passwd file, although that would be annoying if there's already a cPanel script that does this...

-Ryan

4. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=204

The above plugin works with the latest stable release. Ensure you follow all instructions to the letter, to include instlalling the compatability plug-in. When you change your password you should see a cPanel output at the bottom of the screen.

5. tr808

tr808 Member

Yeah - that's the one I'm trying to use. It's interesting - when you enter a new passwd, the result is that you see "password has not been changed" and you see the cPanel change passwd screen below (where it's prompting you to enter a new passwd for the user). It's got the correct username shown (in the cPanel output area), but it's almost as if the request to change the password hasn't been submitted.

If there are no other ideas maybe I'll try re-installing the plugin from scratch just to be sure.